Ok well I'm slack
Well I admit I'm terrible at keeping my blog up to date, my excuse is I've never been good at this sort of thing (I was hoping this would help me) and life's been a bit crazy of late. The contract job didn't work out but things seem to sort themselves out and I'm working with the "Best in the World" as the boss likes to say. They have a pretty good claim to the title with numerous members presenting at Black Hats conferences and being in the news all the time. They also work for the biggest companies in the world like Microsoft and all the big banks, there are literally too many to name (and I don't know if I should).
They have a house in Seattle because they do so much work there and have decided to also setup in Sydney. This is great news because hopefully when Chloe and I decide to come back I can keep working for them, well at least it could be an option. The other great thing is that a bunch of the guys I worked with from my previous job are there like Wade who Chloe has mentioned. Other than the 3 guys who I already know from Portcullis (who are cool) the other guys there are really cool and are doing things that are amazing which I hope to learn very soon.
I've decided that I want to be a serious reverse engineer and luckily my new work place have the best in the world at this. I spend a bit of time with Gareth and chat about reversing which is great, I hope to be sent on a job with him to do it and have been practicing and learning as much as possible to get this chance. On a recent job I saw Sherif one of the directors doing some cool stuff with detours(a Microsoft library to let you hook libraries) were he hooked the communication libraries of an application to find buffer overflows. This is really cool stuff for a geek like me and I can't wait to learn more and do this myself. This is the serious security work were your really making a difference.
I had a tragedy recently, my laptop that I've had since I got here died. Well as far as I know the hard disk died. I quickly went out to buy a new laptop (been dying for an excuse for a while) and in a toss up between a Mac Book Pro and a Sony Vaio I decided on the Sony. The big part of the reason was because it weighs a paltry 1.69kg and I plan on taking it with me when sent away and wanted something very light. Also at this weight I can take it on the train to work and it not be weighing me down.
I really like it but the small screen size is a little annoying being only 13.3", the quality of the screen is excellent though and I can get great resolution.
Right well anyway I wanted to ask everyone if they could email me again as I've lost everyone's contact details and I haven't attempted to try and recover what I can from the hard disk but my main partition is corrupt (partition magic said the CRC is corrupt but it does seem to boot till the windows splash screen so there is still hope). So I'll try to recover it but in the mean time could people email me with their details.
So today Chloe and I looked at a local gym, it's in the Porchester Center and is connected to the Porchester Spa's. The spa is quite famous and been there for I think a hundred or more years. The gym there is a council gym (Westminster) but is run by Cannon's, we also looked at the local cannon's but that was going to cost £65/month each and that seemed expensive. This place seems to have all the facilities we need, including the Porchester pools for only £45/month also they have no joining fee and I can put it on hold any month for nothing (I might be going away for a month at a time to the USA.
Chloe is out looking for curtains to stop people looking in our window as they go past. We would like some light in the house but everyone walking past seem to have an obsession to look in and so we tend not to open the blinds. I on the other hand am doing washing, mopping floors an writing my blog for the first time in 3 months. So very productive.
Well there you go, I'd love some emails if only to get contact details but also for an update on how your all going. That's if you still read this.
They have a house in Seattle because they do so much work there and have decided to also setup in Sydney. This is great news because hopefully when Chloe and I decide to come back I can keep working for them, well at least it could be an option. The other great thing is that a bunch of the guys I worked with from my previous job are there like Wade who Chloe has mentioned. Other than the 3 guys who I already know from Portcullis (who are cool) the other guys there are really cool and are doing things that are amazing which I hope to learn very soon.
I've decided that I want to be a serious reverse engineer and luckily my new work place have the best in the world at this. I spend a bit of time with Gareth and chat about reversing which is great, I hope to be sent on a job with him to do it and have been practicing and learning as much as possible to get this chance. On a recent job I saw Sherif one of the directors doing some cool stuff with detours(a Microsoft library to let you hook libraries) were he hooked the communication libraries of an application to find buffer overflows. This is really cool stuff for a geek like me and I can't wait to learn more and do this myself. This is the serious security work were your really making a difference.
I had a tragedy recently, my laptop that I've had since I got here died. Well as far as I know the hard disk died. I quickly went out to buy a new laptop (been dying for an excuse for a while) and in a toss up between a Mac Book Pro and a Sony Vaio I decided on the Sony. The big part of the reason was because it weighs a paltry 1.69kg and I plan on taking it with me when sent away and wanted something very light. Also at this weight I can take it on the train to work and it not be weighing me down.
I really like it but the small screen size is a little annoying being only 13.3", the quality of the screen is excellent though and I can get great resolution.
Right well anyway I wanted to ask everyone if they could email me again as I've lost everyone's contact details and I haven't attempted to try and recover what I can from the hard disk but my main partition is corrupt (partition magic said the CRC is corrupt but it does seem to boot till the windows splash screen so there is still hope). So I'll try to recover it but in the mean time could people email me with their details.
So today Chloe and I looked at a local gym, it's in the Porchester Center and is connected to the Porchester Spa's. The spa is quite famous and been there for I think a hundred or more years. The gym there is a council gym (Westminster) but is run by Cannon's, we also looked at the local cannon's but that was going to cost £65/month each and that seemed expensive. This place seems to have all the facilities we need, including the Porchester pools for only £45/month also they have no joining fee and I can put it on hold any month for nothing (I might be going away for a month at a time to the USA.
Chloe is out looking for curtains to stop people looking in our window as they go past. We would like some light in the house but everyone walking past seem to have an obsession to look in and so we tend not to open the blinds. I on the other hand am doing washing, mopping floors an writing my blog for the first time in 3 months. So very productive.
Well there you go, I'd love some emails if only to get contact details but also for an update on how your all going. That's if you still read this.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home