Well better late then never
I know it's been 2 months since my last post so I thought I better post something. It's been a hectic couple of months and I just couldn't be stuffed posting at the end of a long day. I get up at 7am (that's REALLY early for me) and it takes about 1hr 10mins to get to work I work from 9am to about 6pm generally and then get home at 7pm. Since Joe gets in to work some time in the afternoon (bloody lazy sod) hge gets home even later even though he has 1/2 the travel time. So as we are boys and Byrne's neither of us can make a decision on food so it's normally around 9pm or later before we eat.
I like to do something other than eat and work so I normally want to watch a DVD or such and after this I know I need to get up early so go to bed. Pretty lame excuse for not blogging but it's my excuse and I don't want to change it it's my excuse and I like it real fine.( little sesame street reference for you)
Anyhow as I said it's been busy and if you've been keeping up with things from Joe's blog then you'd already know we went to our Auntie's house in Somerset and the drama that happened there. On that I'd just like to say for the first time Joe was the impatient one and wanted to get a taxi to their house where I was thinking of just sticking around (but didn't really push the point).
Also you'd know I was lucky enough to have Chloe come visit just after christmas and spend 2 weeks with me. I took her to Paris for 4 days and we had a fantastic time, I'll see if I can link some photo's up for you to see. I think if we go back to France we'll go to somewhere else like Leon and see some of the other bits of France as I've been to Paris twice and saw the same things so would like somewhere else. Next time Chloe is over I think we will go to Italy and see Venice, Florance, Rome, as well as hopefully some of Germany (maybe Berlin where I have a cousin who offered me a place to stay. Silly boy should have known I'd take him up on it)
Well I can't wait till she comes back and all those doom and gloom soothsayer's out there who told us long distance relationships don't work, well you are WRONG. We have only got closer and happier (though being in the same country or at least within 1000kms would be nice), I think it's stressfull, no doubt, but maybe it just tests the strength of your commitment to each other. It does cost a fortune in phone calls as we talk at least once a day, but that's something I'm happy to spend money on.
Even though we said no gift's for christmas/birthdays as we where both spending lots of money flying her over and going to Paris, Chloe still bought me a beautiful silver ring. I've never really been into jewelry much but I've worn this ring everyday and as she gave it to me it reminds me of her and so is very special. It's amazing, she gives me gifts that at the time I think "hmm not sure on this" but they are always great and I realise why she gave it to me and why it's so fantastic. It must be terrible for her as I don't jump up and down straight away, she seems to know what I need more than I do sometimes.
If you've been keeping up with Joe's blog you would have seen that we have the beta for World of Warcraft now, it's been released already in the US and Australia. The Australian release was earlier due to the fact that they are using the US servers and since Europe have their own ones they are still in testing for it. So after my good friend Matt Riener tornmented us with the fact he had already started playing, Joe pre-ordered 2 copies!!! of it so as to secure a beta kit to play it before it was released.
So I've built a big dumn Tauren Warrior but I like to keep it simple with a new game, (though even the warriors have a lot of depth) I think I'll make him a tank. I don't want something I'll like too much as all the beta characters will disappear (being a beta). Even though Joe insulted my computer he still over spec'd it as it doesn't have a Radeon 9700 128mb it's a 9600 64mb so I think it's doing remarkably well and handles it fine the lag when using wireless is the real problem. It has a 54mb/s connection but in WoW (game mentioned earlier) it gets a lag of like 20000, if I plug it into the ethernet it's 20. Go figure.
Well for those who know me well I am dying to get a car, the fact that I've resisted to buy one so far (nearly 6 month) should shock many of you. To put your minds at rest most of that is due to money and the cost of setting up, I have had little money left and have been hesitant to spend till I know how much living costs. Now that I know I have a bit of money to spare I'm thinking a car could reduce my 1hr trip to work as I estimate it would be a 25-30min drive. This would ruin my fitness as I have to walk 30-40mins a day from the tube to work and back again (work is out in the sticks).
So I have been looking into what type of car to buy, unfortunately I don't think my insurance rating transfers so I have decided not to buy a turbo car (so no WRX :( ). A bike has been on and off the books as I've been close to buying a ducati monster a number of times now, though the amount of rain, snow etc here is a bit of a put off for a bike. So I thought a nice sensible car was in order, SENSIBLE you say, as if Paul could buy a sensible car. Of course I can, the mini was "reasonably" sensible. So a nice small sensible car.
On another completely unrelated topic I had my birthday only last week, and Joe bought be a gift that he new I'd like and I'm sure Richard A would like too. "The drift king Keiichi Tsuchiya Drift Bible, A complete guide to drifting" DVD. Knowing my obsession with a Japanesse cartoon called Initial D (thanks for introducing me Richard) he chose a great gift.
So that day I started looking for cars, Toyota Truneo AE86 Hachiroku was obviously top of the list. A corolla is a practical car. The only problem is they are very rare and so I found some in the UK being imported from Japan but they where ex-track cars to not *as* practical. In the end the track car was sold and only the turbo ones where left. I decided I'd better look at something else. So I'm now thinking about a MR2, which isn't really practical either but what the hey.
I orginially dismissed a turbo as the insurance would kill me but amazingly Chloe had suggested that I just insure it 3rd party (fire & theft) and save the other part and by the 2nd year I've saved enough for the whole car anyway. So I started thinking a MR2 turbo (nearly moved to another Subaru WRX as I'd be getting a turbo but want to try a different car). I'll still get another WRX when I get home.
I have been looking for a while and was planing on getting out and looking at some but somehow let another weekend pass and haven't done it. I plan on doing it soon though.
Paul.
I like to do something other than eat and work so I normally want to watch a DVD or such and after this I know I need to get up early so go to bed. Pretty lame excuse for not blogging but it's my excuse and I don't want to change it it's my excuse and I like it real fine.( little sesame street reference for you)
Anyhow as I said it's been busy and if you've been keeping up with things from Joe's blog then you'd already know we went to our Auntie's house in Somerset and the drama that happened there. On that I'd just like to say for the first time Joe was the impatient one and wanted to get a taxi to their house where I was thinking of just sticking around (but didn't really push the point).
Also you'd know I was lucky enough to have Chloe come visit just after christmas and spend 2 weeks with me. I took her to Paris for 4 days and we had a fantastic time, I'll see if I can link some photo's up for you to see. I think if we go back to France we'll go to somewhere else like Leon and see some of the other bits of France as I've been to Paris twice and saw the same things so would like somewhere else. Next time Chloe is over I think we will go to Italy and see Venice, Florance, Rome, as well as hopefully some of Germany (maybe Berlin where I have a cousin who offered me a place to stay. Silly boy should have known I'd take him up on it)
Well I can't wait till she comes back and all those doom and gloom soothsayer's out there who told us long distance relationships don't work, well you are WRONG. We have only got closer and happier (though being in the same country or at least within 1000kms would be nice), I think it's stressfull, no doubt, but maybe it just tests the strength of your commitment to each other. It does cost a fortune in phone calls as we talk at least once a day, but that's something I'm happy to spend money on.
Even though we said no gift's for christmas/birthdays as we where both spending lots of money flying her over and going to Paris, Chloe still bought me a beautiful silver ring. I've never really been into jewelry much but I've worn this ring everyday and as she gave it to me it reminds me of her and so is very special. It's amazing, she gives me gifts that at the time I think "hmm not sure on this" but they are always great and I realise why she gave it to me and why it's so fantastic. It must be terrible for her as I don't jump up and down straight away, she seems to know what I need more than I do sometimes.
If you've been keeping up with Joe's blog you would have seen that we have the beta for World of Warcraft now, it's been released already in the US and Australia. The Australian release was earlier due to the fact that they are using the US servers and since Europe have their own ones they are still in testing for it. So after my good friend Matt Riener tornmented us with the fact he had already started playing, Joe pre-ordered 2 copies!!! of it so as to secure a beta kit to play it before it was released.
So I've built a big dumn Tauren Warrior but I like to keep it simple with a new game, (though even the warriors have a lot of depth) I think I'll make him a tank. I don't want something I'll like too much as all the beta characters will disappear (being a beta). Even though Joe insulted my computer he still over spec'd it as it doesn't have a Radeon 9700 128mb it's a 9600 64mb so I think it's doing remarkably well and handles it fine the lag when using wireless is the real problem. It has a 54mb/s connection but in WoW (game mentioned earlier) it gets a lag of like 20000, if I plug it into the ethernet it's 20. Go figure.
Well for those who know me well I am dying to get a car, the fact that I've resisted to buy one so far (nearly 6 month) should shock many of you. To put your minds at rest most of that is due to money and the cost of setting up, I have had little money left and have been hesitant to spend till I know how much living costs. Now that I know I have a bit of money to spare I'm thinking a car could reduce my 1hr trip to work as I estimate it would be a 25-30min drive. This would ruin my fitness as I have to walk 30-40mins a day from the tube to work and back again (work is out in the sticks).
So I have been looking into what type of car to buy, unfortunately I don't think my insurance rating transfers so I have decided not to buy a turbo car (so no WRX :( ). A bike has been on and off the books as I've been close to buying a ducati monster a number of times now, though the amount of rain, snow etc here is a bit of a put off for a bike. So I thought a nice sensible car was in order, SENSIBLE you say, as if Paul could buy a sensible car. Of course I can, the mini was "reasonably" sensible. So a nice small sensible car.
On another completely unrelated topic I had my birthday only last week, and Joe bought be a gift that he new I'd like and I'm sure Richard A would like too. "The drift king Keiichi Tsuchiya Drift Bible, A complete guide to drifting" DVD. Knowing my obsession with a Japanesse cartoon called Initial D (thanks for introducing me Richard) he chose a great gift.
So that day I started looking for cars, Toyota Truneo AE86 Hachiroku was obviously top of the list. A corolla is a practical car. The only problem is they are very rare and so I found some in the UK being imported from Japan but they where ex-track cars to not *as* practical. In the end the track car was sold and only the turbo ones where left. I decided I'd better look at something else. So I'm now thinking about a MR2, which isn't really practical either but what the hey.
I orginially dismissed a turbo as the insurance would kill me but amazingly Chloe had suggested that I just insure it 3rd party (fire & theft) and save the other part and by the 2nd year I've saved enough for the whole car anyway. So I started thinking a MR2 turbo (nearly moved to another Subaru WRX as I'd be getting a turbo but want to try a different car). I'll still get another WRX when I get home.
I have been looking for a while and was planing on getting out and looking at some but somehow let another weekend pass and haven't done it. I plan on doing it soon though.
Paul.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home