As they say here, "It's sorted".
Well the process took longer than I wanted, but only 2 1/2 weeks really (after all that holidaying) it just seems long when you're living off savings and waiting to find a job. I was offered a job as a penetration testing / security analyst yesterday in a company called portcullis security, they do penetration testing and security assessment services as well as product development, they are also engaged in research. The role involves quite a bit of travel around the UK and most to Edinburgh (Scotland) which is fine as I have a lot of family down there. I'll be started at a base level having no experience in penetration testing :) which means I'm only paid a base rate + bonuses. Their bonus scheme is that if they we a set target in a quarter then I get a bonus, so a potential for a reasonable bonus each year. Apparently they've only missed 1 quarter and that was a year or 2 ago.
The job is out in North West London, really in the suburbs and took me ages from my cousins luxury pad in Notting Hill (he's an Senior Accountant for big Telecomm company in central London, his wife's working for Estee Lauder and a senior advertising manager or something). Joe also has a job with a games company (his dream) in Notting hill and since we thought we'd flat together we'll probably end up around zone 3 and in between the 2. Hopefully I'll find something in the next couple of days as Joe started work on Monday and I start next Monday. Paul at portcullis said he wanted me to start soon because they are taking the whole company away for the weekend and wanted me to come along. Woohoo free food and drinks, and should be able to get towels and linen for our flat ;).
Well back to finding a flat.
The job is out in North West London, really in the suburbs and took me ages from my cousins luxury pad in Notting Hill (he's an Senior Accountant for big Telecomm company in central London, his wife's working for Estee Lauder and a senior advertising manager or something). Joe also has a job with a games company (his dream) in Notting hill and since we thought we'd flat together we'll probably end up around zone 3 and in between the 2. Hopefully I'll find something in the next couple of days as Joe started work on Monday and I start next Monday. Paul at portcullis said he wanted me to start soon because they are taking the whole company away for the weekend and wanted me to come along. Woohoo free food and drinks, and should be able to get towels and linen for our flat ;).
Well back to finding a flat.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home