Name:
Location: London, Central, United Kingdom

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Meeting Karen

Well , SMS’d Karen from Norwood volleyball and organized to catch up, Joe and I meet her at Tottenham Court Rd station which is north of London. She was running a little late so it gave us time to get Joe a SIM card, he went for Virgin as they seem to be the best deal for pre-paid’s (I got an Orange and I’m already regretting it as it seems bad in the charges and free calls it gives you. I might change over to it now before I give my number out too much, as it’s cheap to call others on the same network so that’s already Joe and Karen.)

Well seeing Karen was really good, nice to see a familiar face, she was very helpful and gave some advice of where to look to live. It’s good to know where not to go and she was telling us what she learnt from her mistakes. Well from there we all jumped on a tube to Trafalgar Square, Karen said goodbye and was off to meet Bianca (also Norwood volleyball) and we were back into sightseeing mode.

Looking around the streets of Trafalgar makes you realize how much history London has, every building is a masterpiece. The streets are beautiful so we walked around, snapping away with the camera. We saw the Queens Life Guard and had the obligatory photo’s, then wandered around to Westminister Abbey. Unfortunately the Abbey wasn’t open to visitors so we will have to come back but from the glimpse through the doors the inside looks spectacular.

The details of Westminister Abbey and Big Ben (Parliament House) is incredible, these are amazing pieces of architecture. I noticed that they have placed large concrete barriers around all the buildings which is a pitty as it takes a bit away from the beauty of them. It’s a shame that terrorism has done this to our society and that nothing is sacred anymore.

We wandered done over the bridge to the London aquarium ( a lot of walking done, as we’ve done everyday so far). We decided to go in and have a look since we are tourists at the moment, it was very nice and I’m glad I went. I’ve got lots of pictures of this as we didn’t have a huge amount of time (spent about an hour and a bit though) so wanted photo’s of things we skimmed over. It was hard to take decent photo’s as there was limited light and flashes didn’t work most of the time so the shutter speed was slow and things got blurred.

We decided to go home because Ben had invited us to a house warming of some Aussies a couple of suburbs over tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home