Name:
Location: London, Central, United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Beautiful Japan

Well we have now said goodbye to our loved ones and are heading off across the world, we arrived in Japan yesterday at about 6pm we got through immigration and customs very quickly. As Joe said to me last night, in some ways it doesn't feel like we've left yet.

The flight to Japan was great, we ended up in the middle section on either end, so both on aisles, and the two seats between us were empty. Lots of space and very comfortable. Didn't get much sleep (not enough alcohol I guess), but saw a movie or two and read a little of "The Bourne Identity" that my beautiful girlfriend Chloe lent me.

We got onto a shuttle bus that took us to our hotel, the Nikko Narita. It was dark by the time we got there so I didn't get to see much of the country. I noticed that they don't seem to have as many lights as we do on their streets, looking out the window it was pitch dark and I wondered where they were taking us...

The hotel is great, we had a shower and came down for some food. The food in the hotel is very expensive (as you'd guess for any hotel) and I was starving. I got a hambuger and fries and Joe had spaghetti blankest as we didn't want to get something we couldn't eat. I also order deep fried octopus and Joe order something too (can't remember what) so we would try something.

We tried to wander and take photo's but the hotel is really close to the airport and there is nothing around, you need to take a bus to the city of Narita. Unfortunately the buses start at 9:56am and are an hour round trip and we need to get onto a bus to the airport by 10:05. So much for seeing Japan.

We went to the Sunset lounge bar at the top of the hotel, so I could drink Saki (?spelling). I didn't drink much as it's 31C and humid so wanted water more than anything. Meet a Canadian who is going to Korea to teach English, nice girl and quite friendly, but a smoker so I didn't try to set Joe up with her. :)

Well I'm going to meet Joe and try and get our boarding pass early so we can get get good seats.

See you in sunny England. :)

Paul.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xavier said...

Hey Paul, great to see your blog (don't know if you actually told me the address or not). Just so that you know, I too noticed that the area around Nikko Narita was very dark (we went past it on the bus to Tokyo). Don't know about the city of Narita but Tokyo is very well lit, or at least the main central city.

3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home