In London and out on the Town
Well we had a lazy Saturday, after a week of job searching we decided we needed a rest. So Joe and I slept in and later Mark and Lara got back for a walk and we went out for brunch at a nice little cafe opposite Kensington Palace called Dianna cafe. It was really good food and not too much, it was a good why to fill yourself up for a big day. You could see why they called the cafe Dianna, the walls were covered with pictures of her and a number of her with the staff. Apparently Dianna would go there frequently for breakfast.
After this Joe and I decided to go and see this market that was in kensington (forgot what it's called but apparently it's quite famous.) The first couple of blocks were just full of antiques and trinkets, a lot of junk to our minds. After that where food stalls, looked like some nice fresh food (I'll have to come back again when I find a place.) Joe bought some chinese 5 spice as Lara mentioned that she couldn't find it here, again mental note for supplies.
Later on (how far does this market go...) there were clothes, bags, LOTS of Union Jack G-Strings (Thongs for those brits) about every 4th stall. Only 1 or 2 CD stalls, and then it just thinned off. We decided the crowds (as bad as the club later) wasn't worth going through so we'd head across and back down the next street. Joe carefully navigated me over a bridge and to the right then into some very sinister looking paths between some highrise apartments. Past a creek that looked more like sludge (there was a sign saying that touching the water was a health risk). Then to a path through a park with an outline of a person in white tape (I'm sure it was only to say that it's for pedestrians, though I cyclist nearly knocked us over).
We then decided that maybe we should get the tube back. This was a great plan in theory, it was only the execution that was the problem. We got onto the Hammersmith line and worked out that we needed to get off at a certain stop. Then change over to the circle line back to Notting Hill Gate. Well we got off at the stop quickly changed platforms to the one with the circle line and saw a tube at the station and jumped on. About 3 stops along I look up at the tube map, look at the name of the station and realise we just jumped on the Hammersmith line to go back where we started!
Well we got off and started over again, right back to the beginning. Well it did fill in the day.
We hanged around Marks until going around the corner and getting some indian food, I got butter chicken as Chloe now has me addicted to it and it seems it's the only thing I can order now. Surprisingly this one was actually as good as the one Chloe started me on (though there Nan bread was nowhere near, can't beat it yet). So good food and of we go to meet Karen for a night out. Joe and Mark and myself tried our best to make ourselves look presentable and hopped on the tube to piccadilly circus.
We met Karen and literaly jumped across the road to our destination, a club called On Anon. We stayed mainly in their Club room but only because we didn't get a seat upstairs in their Lodge area which looked really cool (Ryan would have liked it.) Joe and I wanted to go check out Ministry of Sound, but we thought we'd wait until Karen's flatmates turned up first (handy as Karen forgot her phone and keys). When the girls got there (Bianca, Rachel, Lo, Kylie, see I even remembered their names) I tried to convince them to go to ministry of sound with us.
I guess the £15 entry might of put them off a bit, they also said they didn't like that type of music. Apparently they had listed to an album a friend had, we think it may have been a hardcore night from their description. Well the convincing didn't happen and as Joe mentioned the club started playing a number of tracks on Joe's ministry of sound album. The girls seemed to like these songs, so it seems they do like the music (not the music they thought they played) but I guess the £15 saving was good. We'd decided to stay as the girls didn't want to go so Joe and I figured we'd just go some other time.
Well Mark stayed around till the last tube and dance the night away (protecting the 5 girls by himself at one point) and we decided to go home too and leave the girls to dance the night away.
Well there we go, an update at last.
Goodnight.
After this Joe and I decided to go and see this market that was in kensington (forgot what it's called but apparently it's quite famous.) The first couple of blocks were just full of antiques and trinkets, a lot of junk to our minds. After that where food stalls, looked like some nice fresh food (I'll have to come back again when I find a place.) Joe bought some chinese 5 spice as Lara mentioned that she couldn't find it here, again mental note for supplies.
Later on (how far does this market go...) there were clothes, bags, LOTS of Union Jack G-Strings (Thongs for those brits) about every 4th stall. Only 1 or 2 CD stalls, and then it just thinned off. We decided the crowds (as bad as the club later) wasn't worth going through so we'd head across and back down the next street. Joe carefully navigated me over a bridge and to the right then into some very sinister looking paths between some highrise apartments. Past a creek that looked more like sludge (there was a sign saying that touching the water was a health risk). Then to a path through a park with an outline of a person in white tape (I'm sure it was only to say that it's for pedestrians, though I cyclist nearly knocked us over).
We then decided that maybe we should get the tube back. This was a great plan in theory, it was only the execution that was the problem. We got onto the Hammersmith line and worked out that we needed to get off at a certain stop. Then change over to the circle line back to Notting Hill Gate. Well we got off at the stop quickly changed platforms to the one with the circle line and saw a tube at the station and jumped on. About 3 stops along I look up at the tube map, look at the name of the station and realise we just jumped on the Hammersmith line to go back where we started!
Well we got off and started over again, right back to the beginning. Well it did fill in the day.
We hanged around Marks until going around the corner and getting some indian food, I got butter chicken as Chloe now has me addicted to it and it seems it's the only thing I can order now. Surprisingly this one was actually as good as the one Chloe started me on (though there Nan bread was nowhere near, can't beat it yet). So good food and of we go to meet Karen for a night out. Joe and Mark and myself tried our best to make ourselves look presentable and hopped on the tube to piccadilly circus.
We met Karen and literaly jumped across the road to our destination, a club called On Anon. We stayed mainly in their Club room but only because we didn't get a seat upstairs in their Lodge area which looked really cool (Ryan would have liked it.) Joe and I wanted to go check out Ministry of Sound, but we thought we'd wait until Karen's flatmates turned up first (handy as Karen forgot her phone and keys). When the girls got there (Bianca, Rachel, Lo, Kylie, see I even remembered their names) I tried to convince them to go to ministry of sound with us.
I guess the £15 entry might of put them off a bit, they also said they didn't like that type of music. Apparently they had listed to an album a friend had, we think it may have been a hardcore night from their description. Well the convincing didn't happen and as Joe mentioned the club started playing a number of tracks on Joe's ministry of sound album. The girls seemed to like these songs, so it seems they do like the music (not the music they thought they played) but I guess the £15 saving was good. We'd decided to stay as the girls didn't want to go so Joe and I figured we'd just go some other time.
Well Mark stayed around till the last tube and dance the night away (protecting the 5 girls by himself at one point) and we decided to go home too and leave the girls to dance the night away.
Well there we go, an update at last.
Goodnight.


1 Comments:
Now that wasn't too hard was it? Now if I can get Damien to post a little more regularly we'll be doing well.
Post a Comment
<< Home